Since last Wednesday’s letter to residents and families, several new cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in the Atlanta area. To protect the health and safety of our residents, we continue to follow our safety protocols to prevent the spread of illness. These policies and procedures expand upon the recommended guidelines provided by the CDC. We kindly ask that you support these actions to keep our community healthy.
Visitor Policies and Procedures
- To limit exposure to illness, we have canceled all events with guests including family brunch until further notice
- We ask that you please limit visits to the community during this time
- All visitors entering the community are screened at the Front Desk. We are taking the temperatures of all staff and visitors upon arrival
- Visitors are not allowed to enter the building if:
Resident Policies and Procedures
- Scheduled outings are limited to doctor’s appointments and weekly grocery trips. All other outings are canceled until further notice.
- In place of scheduled outings, we are hosting additional activities within our community
- Residents experiencing fever or flu-like symptoms will be asked to stay in their apartments until they are fever-free for 24 hours
- Residents returning from rehab or other clinical settings will be closely monitored for fever and flu-like symptoms
- We encourage residents to frequently wipe down personal countertops, door handles, and other surfaces; order groceries, medications, and supplies online rather than purchasing in-store; and avoid unnecessary doctor’s visits or trips to clinical settings where you are more likely to come in contact with the virus
Village Park Management Policies and Procedures
- We are closely monitoring the situation and staying aware of signs of fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms among residents and staff
- All common spaces and surfaces are sanitized twice daily. Dining areas are sanitized thoroughly after every meal.
- We have increased food and sanitation supplies to prepare for possible supply shortages
- We are conducting educational sessions and trainings for residents and staff
- We have on-call caregivers from outside agencies should there be staffing shortages due to illness
- We will provide regular updates regarding the situation and any changes that could impact daily routines or schedules
We continue to monitor the situation closely and maintain a proactive approach to protecting our residents, families, and staff. For more information about COVID-19, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html. If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com or call at (678) 740-3499.