- 10 lbs. Mussels (cleaned and bearded)
- 6 Celery Stalks (split and diced)
- 1 1/2 cups minced Shallot
- 1/2 cup minced Herbs (parsley, cilantro)
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 10 oz. of Cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 sp. Madagascar Curry Powder
- 1 Tomato (seedless and diced)
- 4 cans of Coconut Milk
- 1 qt. Cream
- 3 Stalks of Lemongrass (peeled, smashed, and cut)
- 6 leaves Kaffir Limes (thin sliced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of Cilantro
- 3 oz. Thai Curry Paste
- In large pot, combine all Thai Sauce ingredients and heat at a medium-high temperature.
- Cook until sauce is thick enough to stick on the bottom of a spoon.
- Strain, then set aside.
Thai Style Mussels
- Clean Mussels and remove the beard.
- Dice all Celery and Shallots.
- In a medium/large pot, heat canola oil and vegetables until vegetables are lightly translucent.
- Add Mussels and close the lid for 5-6 minutes. Add Thai sauce and Herbs. Close the lid to create steam. Mussels will begin to pop open. Make sure to shake well and cook until all mussels open up. (About 8 minutes)
- Keep hot and serve in a deep pasta bowl. Sprinkle the remainder of cilantro on top.
For more holiday recipes and stories from our communities, stay tuned for more blogs every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.